Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, the only Emirati themed waterpark in the world, is inspired by the UAE’s rich heritage of pearl diving through its unique story of ‘The Legend of the Lost Pearl’. The UAE’s first mega waterpark is home to 45 exhilarating rides, slides and attractions – five of which can be found nowhere else in the world. With rides and experiences on offer to thrill both the young and the young at heart, the waterpark plays host to Best New Water Ride of the Year 2013, Dawwama – the world’s first hydro-magnetic tornado waterslide, as well as the globe’s first interactive water and laser rollercoaster, Bandit Bomber. Guests of all ages can also enjoy an array of culturally-inspired attractions and activities including live camels and falcons, and a traditional Bedouin tent showcasing unique Emirati traditions as part of the waterparks revolutionary ‘Legendary Adventures’.
Now in its third year of operations, the park has been awarded over 15 industry awards and accolades, including being awarded the 2015 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award for the second consecutive year as well as the 2015 Travelers’ Choice Award by TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site. It has also enticed a number of A-List celebrities through its fortress-like doors.
- Pays tribute to the Emirati culture and heritage of pearl diving
- Based on an original story developed exclusively for the waterpark
- Story of ‘The Lost Pearl’ follows the adventures of Dana, a young Emirati girl in search of a legendary pearl which had once brought prosperity to her village
Rides and Attractions
- 45 total rides, slides, and attractions
- 24 rides that incorporate 32 individual slides
- Five one-of-a-kind rides that have never been seen before in a waterpark
- Unique pearl diving attraction that showcases traditional Emirati pearl diving
- Unique PearlMasters adventure, the very first treasure-hunt style interactive adventure game to make an appearance in a waterpark.
Five one-of-a-kind rides
- World’s first hydromagnetic-powered 6-person tornado waterslide
- Best New Water Ride (IAAPA Awards November 2013)
- Phenomenal, high-adrenaline hydromagnetic-powered 6-person raft ride
- Longest mammoth water coaster ride in the Middle East at 300 metres
- The largest FlowBarrel 10 Double sheet wave ride in the world
- Middle East’s largest surfable sheet wave for Flowboards and Bodyboards
- Exhilarating experiences for spectators as professional athletes defy gravity and logic with their entertaining antics
- Longest suspended rollercoaster in the Middle East at550 metres long
- First rollercoaster in the world to incorporate on-board water and laser special effects
- A series of drops and over splash zones, reaching speeds of up to 60 km per hour, where guests will be suspended as high as 35 metres over ground
- A maze of slides and tunnels with plenty of twists and turns amidst spectacular special effects
- Riders can select six different themes on six slides for 30 distinct experiences. Each ends in a splash pool, where the park visitor will shoot out of a slide capped with a giant fanged snake head.
- Has the world’s first “Rattler” waterslide. With lots of twists and turns, slide shakes riders will experience sensational oscillations as they make their way to the splash pool